Not Very Original
Based in Phoenix, Arizona
September 13, 2011
Press / Business Contact:
Not Very Original is a hobby game studio owned and operated by Mike Johnson.
NVO was established in 2011 when Mike decided to pick up XNA with the intention of submitting a game for the Dream Build Play 2012 contest. In June 2012, STRACO was submitted to DPB 2012, but it did not reach the finalist stage of the contest. Undeterred, Mike continued to work on STRACO, eventually releasing it as "STRACO : Episode 1" on the Xbox Marketplace in November 2012. Since that time, Mike has become hooked on creating games, and plans to create games in his spare time, forever.
STRACO: Purge and Conquest - Launch Trailer YouTube
STRACO Episode 1 - V2.0 Update Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for Not Very Original, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
- "developer NVO Games has effectively bridged the gap between the first's promising mechanics and the sequel's comfort with those same mechanics, morphing the games into one of the finer series on the indie channel in the process."
- Tim Hurley, theXBLIG
- "From v1.0, to 2.0, to a two-part sequel, the STRACO games have done nothing but get better. Haven’t tried the dual-stick shooting/strategy hybrid original? Go download it now. Liked the original? Go give this developer another dollar. As action/strategy hybrids go, it doesn’t get much better."
- Steven Hurdle, Writings of Mass Deduction
- "Yes I did just say the word that strikes horror into most gamers hearts around XBLIG titles, I said hybrid, unlike most other hybrids however this game seemingly sacrifices nothing from either genre."
- Jimmy Page, The Grumble indie supplement
Team & Repeating Collaborators
Programmer, Artist, Design, NVO